Tis the season
Winter is here, we had our first snow storm....I don’t think I would call it a storm. It more or less just snowed all day last Saturday and when it was all said and done, we had about 4 inches of fluffy new snow. The Mailman was a bit thrown off, because the weather people said we were only going to get a light dusting maybe an inch. He worked outside that day, no big thing for him.
With the first snow came my first illness. Friday I started to feel cold/ flu-ish, by Saturday I was miserable fever, chills, hot, cold, severer sore throat and I had a very wicked cough. I can not remember the last time I felt this ill. I decided to do something I hate to do ...go to Urgent Care on a Sunday afternoon. I hate Urgent Care on the weekends (or on any other day for that matter) Here I am I already feel like a truck has run over me (twice!) So please let me got sit in a crowed room full of other sick people for two hours in hopes of getting something to make me feel better. I do have to note that the Mailman did take me to Urgent Care, he dropped me off and then ran to Home Depot to get some things.
As I was sitting in misery in the waiting room I start my throat was dry and on fire, I called the Mailman and asked him on his way back to stop and get me some cough drops & a bottle of water. Fifteen minutes later I had water & cough drops and someone else to entertain the small toddler that kept walking up to me making faces (just what I want to do when I feel like crap, entertain a strangers child) Finally I got call back to see the doc, he did the normal routine..poked, prodded, looked & listened, he also did a rapid strep test. The rapid strep came back negative and the Doc basically told me what I had was viral infection and the is nothing he can do. After two hours of waiting this is not what I really wanted to hear. I wanted to hear your sick here’s some medication that will make you feel better........nope no med’s for me!
Monday morning was awful I aced all over my lungs & throat were on fire. I dragged my sick butt into work (I even had to drive myself because the mail man had the day off) After two hours at work trying to do something, I threw in the towel and when home. I just want to get back home put on my sweats and my big fluffy Shreik donkey slippers and curl up on the couch.
Once I got home I noticed that someone had paged me on my cell phone, it was Urgent Care and they were calling me to tell me that the strep test came back positive. Hallelujah!! Yes, I was very happy that my test came back positive...not because I’m some weird person that likes to be sick. Yeah! Antibiotics finally! I knew within 24 hours of taking them I would feel like a new person. Finally there was light at the end of the tunnel...I can breathe again, fever gone and I’m not just laying on the couch moaning in pain.
Okay enough of my whining just have never had strep before (or at least in the past 25 years) and it just sucked! Hopefully the Mailman won’t get infected...so far he hasn’t.
Stay well
With the first snow came my first illness. Friday I started to feel cold/ flu-ish, by Saturday I was miserable fever, chills, hot, cold, severer sore throat and I had a very wicked cough. I can not remember the last time I felt this ill. I decided to do something I hate to do ...go to Urgent Care on a Sunday afternoon. I hate Urgent Care on the weekends (or on any other day for that matter) Here I am I already feel like a truck has run over me (twice!) So please let me got sit in a crowed room full of other sick people for two hours in hopes of getting something to make me feel better. I do have to note that the Mailman did take me to Urgent Care, he dropped me off and then ran to Home Depot to get some things.
As I was sitting in misery in the waiting room I start my throat was dry and on fire, I called the Mailman and asked him on his way back to stop and get me some cough drops & a bottle of water. Fifteen minutes later I had water & cough drops and someone else to entertain the small toddler that kept walking up to me making faces (just what I want to do when I feel like crap, entertain a strangers child) Finally I got call back to see the doc, he did the normal routine..poked, prodded, looked & listened, he also did a rapid strep test. The rapid strep came back negative and the Doc basically told me what I had was viral infection and the is nothing he can do. After two hours of waiting this is not what I really wanted to hear. I wanted to hear your sick here’s some medication that will make you feel better........nope no med’s for me!
Monday morning was awful I aced all over my lungs & throat were on fire. I dragged my sick butt into work (I even had to drive myself because the mail man had the day off) After two hours at work trying to do something, I threw in the towel and when home. I just want to get back home put on my sweats and my big fluffy Shreik donkey slippers and curl up on the couch.
Once I got home I noticed that someone had paged me on my cell phone, it was Urgent Care and they were calling me to tell me that the strep test came back positive. Hallelujah!! Yes, I was very happy that my test came back positive...not because I’m some weird person that likes to be sick. Yeah! Antibiotics finally! I knew within 24 hours of taking them I would feel like a new person. Finally there was light at the end of the tunnel...I can breathe again, fever gone and I’m not just laying on the couch moaning in pain.
Okay enough of my whining just have never had strep before (or at least in the past 25 years) and it just sucked! Hopefully the Mailman won’t get infected...so far he hasn’t.
Stay well

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home