Saturday, June 18, 2005

Is it Sunday yet???

Yawn... I’m tired. I had another interesting "Josie" day. Spent a good part of my day in traffic (and we all know how much I enjoy that).
The art gallery that I work at supplies all the artwork for the Marshall Fields stores (formerly Dayton’s for anyone who cares). About every four months or so Marshall Fields’s has a "warehouse sale".The warehouse sale is not just about artwork (we are just a small part) They have everything on sale, tables, chairs, lamps, beds ,furs, jewelry..okay get the picture?
In a nutshell what this means to the gallery is allot of fricking work. We basically empty everything out of our gallery, load it into a couple trucks, go to the warehouse and unload the trucks and set things up. It is allot of manual labor (and you thought working in an art gallery was so glamorous). Let’s just say that today things did not happen as they were suppose to....
All I know that I have to be at the warehouse for the sale at around 7:00 am, it will take me about 45 minutes in the morning to drive there, it’s now after 11 pm and I am wide awake.(damn insomnia)

Okay the thing that I hate about these sales is, you get there at a god awful time in the morning (once you drink your gallon of coffee things are wonderful) People are already lined up outside at 7am on a Saturday morning ( get a life) the doors open at 8 am, and no joke people RUN in the doors. It is so fucking bizarre.....there are people what actually have walkie-talkies so they can go in one door and their partner, spouse, family member, dog or whatever can go in a different door. It’s pretty much busy all day and we work our butts off. Then at the end of the day we have to tear down and load everything into the trucks....and no. no boys and girls the fun does not end there! After the trucks are loaded we get to drive back to the gallery and unload all of the art.
There is probably about....I can’t even "guess estimate" how many pieces of art there is...two truck loads.
So..what the heck is the point of this entry??? I think only to whine about what a grueling day I’m going to have tomorrow, and also "WTF" I should be sleeping now...URGH!!
Oh, yeah I started this entry about traffic....damn those "bright shiny objects" that make me loose my train of thought.....oh, well enough rambling. I think I’m done with typing for the night, and I’m just going to post some damn cute pictures of my wonderful nieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home