What a day
Today started off as a “brain fart” day. I just could not get my shit together. I woke up later than I wanted to (due to a Benadryl “hangover) I rushed and took my shower got out and realized I had nothing to wear to work. I threw an outfit together and was ready with just enough time to make it to work. Got in my car and remembered that I needed gas...URGH!!! When I was pumping gas I realized that I forgot my lunch and cell phone (gotta have the cell) Luckily we live right across the street from the gas station. I ran into the apartment and looked for my cell phone...Duh... I already put in my purse. I raced back out to the car thinking, wow I just might make it to work on time. About five miles away from home I realized that I forgot my lunch once again....I just thought to myself “oh, no it’s going to be one of those days” I tried to suppress that negative thinking and just hoped that my morning was not a sign of what was to come.
My day did get better.
On the way to work an old friend that I use to work with at Kinko’s called me. I have not talked to her in years. We have shot email back and forth, but it has mainly been “forwards” and stuff like that. I got a chance to talk with her as I was driving into work and catch up a bit, it was very good to touch base with an old friend.
This Blog thing is cool, I have lost touch with people and have been able to reconnect due to the “blog”.
Today at work was quite interesting. I work in an art gallery (part-time) selling art. We have a couple big sales coming up in the next week. One of my jobs to help get ready for these sales is to get all the postcards ready to be mailed. This duty consists of me putting on mailing labels and stamps on about 4,000 postcards. Talk about one hell of a mundane job....but what the heck it is a job.
Today while I was lost in my happy postcard land, a client came in to pick up and pay for some artwork that his wife had picked out the day before. The piece that he was picking up was $4,250. A bit above what the average “Joe” spends on artwork, but whatever. As the Designers are rushing around to wrap it up for him, I got the payment from him. I ring up the sale and tell him the amount ($4,250 plus tax) He then asks me, do we take cash. I first said “yes”. Then he pointed to a sign that we had posted saying that we have “no cash on premises” I remember we did change our policy about cash a few months back due to a robbery. I had to check with the “powers that be” and see if it was okay to take cash (what is this world coming to? Let me check to make sure that we take cash)...sure I said we will take cash. He proceeded to pull out $4,000 in cash! He put the remaining amount on his credit card. I could not believe it, fricking four grand in cash. WTF!
This guy was in his early thirties.....what the heck is someone that young doing with that much cash. It was funny after I put through his invoice, he had to wait until his artwork was wrapped up. While he was waiting, I just kept plugging away at applying stamps to the postcards for the sale. He watched me for a bit and then said (in a sarcastic tone) “that looks like allot of fun” I just smiled and looked up and said “yes, it is allot of fun and I have about 2,000 cards left...wanna help?” He got a kick out of that. Heck, I’m not too proud to ask someone who just paid allot of cash for art for help with a mundane task
My day did get better.
On the way to work an old friend that I use to work with at Kinko’s called me. I have not talked to her in years. We have shot email back and forth, but it has mainly been “forwards” and stuff like that. I got a chance to talk with her as I was driving into work and catch up a bit, it was very good to touch base with an old friend.
This Blog thing is cool, I have lost touch with people and have been able to reconnect due to the “blog”.
Today at work was quite interesting. I work in an art gallery (part-time) selling art. We have a couple big sales coming up in the next week. One of my jobs to help get ready for these sales is to get all the postcards ready to be mailed. This duty consists of me putting on mailing labels and stamps on about 4,000 postcards. Talk about one hell of a mundane job....but what the heck it is a job.
Today while I was lost in my happy postcard land, a client came in to pick up and pay for some artwork that his wife had picked out the day before. The piece that he was picking up was $4,250. A bit above what the average “Joe” spends on artwork, but whatever. As the Designers are rushing around to wrap it up for him, I got the payment from him. I ring up the sale and tell him the amount ($4,250 plus tax) He then asks me, do we take cash. I first said “yes”. Then he pointed to a sign that we had posted saying that we have “no cash on premises” I remember we did change our policy about cash a few months back due to a robbery. I had to check with the “powers that be” and see if it was okay to take cash (what is this world coming to? Let me check to make sure that we take cash)...sure I said we will take cash. He proceeded to pull out $4,000 in cash! He put the remaining amount on his credit card. I could not believe it, fricking four grand in cash. WTF!
This guy was in his early thirties.....what the heck is someone that young doing with that much cash. It was funny after I put through his invoice, he had to wait until his artwork was wrapped up. While he was waiting, I just kept plugging away at applying stamps to the postcards for the sale. He watched me for a bit and then said (in a sarcastic tone) “that looks like allot of fun” I just smiled and looked up and said “yes, it is allot of fun and I have about 2,000 cards left...wanna help?” He got a kick out of that. Heck, I’m not too proud to ask someone who just paid allot of cash for art for help with a mundane task

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home