Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I'm back......

Oi Vey!!!!

WOW......moving.....eek... now I know why I have not moved in eight years!

Okay, fast forward to today (Saturday August 6th)
The move is complete. The Mailman and I have our own "kick-ass" (yeah, I’m still stuck in the 80's) townhouse.

The main reason that I have not been babbling on here is that we have not been able to hook up cable in our new house. Okay this sounds like a simple fix..........Nope, getting the gas hooked up was easier (more about the five days without gas...which means no hot water, dryer, and stove....ponder that thought while I ramble)

It seems that the people that owned the house before us were not really into cable TV (or the internet for that matter) As the story goes there was one of those nasty Minnesota storms that rolled through here a few years ago. There was allot of damages done to the town homes in this area. Damage like, shingles off of roofs, trees down, windows blown in and (the most important fact to this story) damage to the siding of some of the houses. This town home sustained damage to the siding. They replaced the siding and it looks wonderful...no problem there.....okay I guess there is just one MAJOR problem (yeah...now we get to the point) In the processes of making the siding look wonderful, they totally cut and covered up the cable access. Long story short....without going into too many details of this ordeal...cable company has been out here 3 or 4 times (this was before we figured out the problem with the siding), can not even count the times the Mailman or I have spent time on the phone with the cable company. Finally we got it figured out.....all the cable company needs is letter from the Homeowners association saying it’s okay to drill some holes in our siding. No problem (or so we thought) we called them 3 times last week and finally got a response. The Home owners association said that the cable company has a standing order with them and that they know that it is okay to do work, drill holes, and do what ever to get the cable hooked up.

Fast forword Today..(8-9-05)............obliviously if you are reading this we did get our cable dilemma solved....well ,almost solved. More later on this topic (I’ve wasted too many words on this post)

Yeah!!! the move is done. We are no longer living out of boxes. I no longer hear the line "Honey, do you know where the _______ is??" I can find my underwear without having to go to the garage and find the box marked "underwear"

It is really starting to feel like home. I LOVE our new home. The first week was an adventure, just like any new house is. For the first five days we were here we did not have gas. Aaahhh heck , who really needs to take a shower when the temp is in th 90's with 1000% humidity???
We laughed about it. Good thing we had camping equipment. We slept on our air mattress the first night. Cooked all of our meals, and boiled water for baths on the Coleman stove. We enjoyed every minute, we knew we were just beginning to create memories in our new home.
Our deck is so nice and peaceful, it reminds of us of being at "The Woods". The first few days we were here we joked about "wow, we just bought a really overpriced tent" We were just happy to at least have electricity .........oops, that’s right the power did go off for a few hours one day....Here I was trying to wash dishes in cold water, listening to some groovy tunes on the radio...and "POOF" music gone, lights off....blah, blah, blah. I just laughed and thought "no fricking way" I called the mailman and said "guess what honey?.... we have no power" He got a kick out of it too. We both knew that it was some freak thing that would not last long....few hours, it was back on.

Fun things we are learning about our new home:

The patio door has TWO sliding glass doors (not just one like we are use to) it only took couple times each of doing "the bird flying into window" thing to figure this one out (had to use allot of Windex to remove our forehead prints for the fist couple days)

The hot & cold setting in the shower upstairs are reversed....eeekkkk!

There is no such thing as cold water in our upstairs bathroom sink....warm maybe, cold no.

The downstairs shower ROCKS!!! Talk about water pressure.

We love it here. There was allot of work involved to get here but it was worth it.

Just one bit of advice, don’t move in July. The day that we moved the larger items from both apartment it was 98 and the humidity was at least 10,000,000,000,000%

I’m finally back online, and we are finally home.

CHEERS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home