Monday, July 18, 2005

Let the fun begin!!!

It’s crunch time boys and girls.... moving process is commencing.

I’m not sure if any of my posts for at least the next week are going to make any sense, there is just too much going on in my brain to actually make a real fluid thought and try to make it make sense to someone else....oops, bright shiny object...... I really want to repaint the bathroom in our new house, it’s just a tad too dark.

This week I (it is “we”, but I have more free time than the Mailman...Oh shit that’s right I have to find a job) need to move all the small stuff from my Bloomington pad, put a dent in moving boxes out of our Lakeville pad and of course make our new Egan home look wonderful. We want to most of the small stuff moved before we rent the truck on Sunday.

Ahhh yes, July in Minnesota...wonderful time to move *very sarcastic tone* We really would have love to move allot of things today, but when the weather is 97, humid, sunny with no breeze..we just got to say “why kill our selves’ we have until the end of the month, tomorrow will be a better day..only about 75" (then again it could be worse, it could be -20)

We did make a couple trips over to our new home a couple times today. First trip we brought the Mailman’s Mom over to check out the place. She just got out of the Hospital a couple days ago. She just finished up her second round of chemo for Leukemia. She is doing allot better this round of chemo than the first round (first round she was on life support for about seven weeks, and it was very touch and go)...Anyways, we thought that it would be nice to get her out of the house and show her our new home. She has really done allot to help us get this house and has said if we need anything just come over to “Lorraine’s store” (meaning her house) and get what we need. The Mailman’s Mom is ...hummmm...I guess you could call her a “pack rat” and has lots of “extra”household items (hoses, ladders, lights, shelves...etc.) that she wants to get rid of...so it really works out good for us.

We dropped her off and then came back to the Lakeville pad to pick up a few boxes...like I said it was just too hot to move allot today (and thank god we have the option to take our time)

The Mailman and I wnet back to our new home and spent a bout an hour there just tripping out.
Wow...... this totally rocks!


The people that we bought it from had lived there for ten years, they really hated to leave but their family had just outgrown the house. It was so cool they left us a two page letter explaining things (trash goes out this day, we planted these things outside please water. your mailbox is #...)
They also left us with a bird feeder a new bag of bird feed, a microwave, most of the window treatments just allot of thing that we did not expect.

The Mailman is the most excited by the garage, that is going to be his area. He has big dreams for that...finally a place that he can work on cars, have his own woodworking area and basically be “Mr. Tool Time” himself. I’m excited that I get to decorate the main areas of the house...but the funny (and actually kind of pathetic ) thing is, that I’m excited about the laundry room. For some reason that is the main room I’m totally focusing on. The "laundry room" is about the size of a large closet...but I totally dig it. I think it’s mainly that I won’t have to pay a dollar to wash and a dollar to dry a load of clothes.

The best part of the house is the deck. We are going to be living out there....we just need to get some patio furniture and we will be set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home