Trip to the ER
I just spent a good part of the day in the emergency room. First off I will tell you that it was nothing life threatening. I did not break any of my limbs (and I still have all of them for that matter)
Just another strange day in the life of Picasso Girl.
It all started last night. I was actually very exhausted and went to bed around 9:30 p.m (yes, this is the insomniac talking) Around about midnight I woke up with some back pain, was half asleep got up and took some Tylenol. Around 2 am the pain was getting worse. I realized that I had the same kind of pain before last summer. "Oh, shit...this feels like I might have a
Kidney Stone". I managed to sleep on and off the rest of the night. I woke up when the Mailman went to work.
The pain was a real nagging pain. I decided that I was going to try and ignore it and go to my apartment and pack things.
I thought it was a good idea until I was at my apartment lying in the fetal position in EXTREME pain & crying. I called the Mailman at work and he called his son to give a ride to the ER Jake dropped me at off at the ER, he was actually going to wait for me but I told him to go home (the poor guy just got off working third shift and had not slept yet, but he’s 21 so he’s use to it)
To make a long story short.... I was poked, prodded and scanned for six hours. They gave me lots of IV drugs , which made me really sick on the car ride home (thank god I took a little motion sickness baggy from the hosp)
The Doc Siad that it probably a Kidney Stone. Then he said to me " do you want to hear something weird?" I said "sure" He said to me "you were treated here last year on this date for the same thing!" How weird is that??? I guess July 11th Kidney Stone day for me.
I think next July 11th I going to hide under a rock.........ooh, maybe that’s a bad choice of words
Just another strange day in the life of Picasso Girl.
It all started last night. I was actually very exhausted and went to bed around 9:30 p.m (yes, this is the insomniac talking) Around about midnight I woke up with some back pain, was half asleep got up and took some Tylenol. Around 2 am the pain was getting worse. I realized that I had the same kind of pain before last summer. "Oh, shit...this feels like I might have a
Kidney Stone". I managed to sleep on and off the rest of the night. I woke up when the Mailman went to work.
The pain was a real nagging pain. I decided that I was going to try and ignore it and go to my apartment and pack things.
I thought it was a good idea until I was at my apartment lying in the fetal position in EXTREME pain & crying. I called the Mailman at work and he called his son to give a ride to the ER Jake dropped me at off at the ER, he was actually going to wait for me but I told him to go home (the poor guy just got off working third shift and had not slept yet, but he’s 21 so he’s use to it)
To make a long story short.... I was poked, prodded and scanned for six hours. They gave me lots of IV drugs , which made me really sick on the car ride home (thank god I took a little motion sickness baggy from the hosp)
The Doc Siad that it probably a Kidney Stone. Then he said to me " do you want to hear something weird?" I said "sure" He said to me "you were treated here last year on this date for the same thing!" How weird is that??? I guess July 11th Kidney Stone day for me.
I think next July 11th I going to hide under a rock.........ooh, maybe that’s a bad choice of words

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home