Sunday, August 14, 2005

Bright shiny objects

I’m being the queen of A.D.D today. I really should be working on straightening up our computer room/ studio. Somewhere in the process I get side tracked by any bright shiny object.
I love Sundays. The Mailman plays golf in the early a.m , so I’m usually up by 6:30 a.m ( yes, this is me...aliens have not come and taken over my body...or maybe they have) My routine after the mailman leaves is drink a ton of coffee, get a good caffeine buzz going and clean the house.

Today I found myself at Target at about 8:30 a.m (what the heck is wrong with my brain??)
I just wanted to get a birthday gift for my niece, some sympathy cards and some razors for the mailman. I walked out of there with one little plastic bag.....$40. I don’t even know why I’m rambling on about it, It just seems that I can not walk in to a Target without spending at least $100. (I got off easy today)

Every time I walk into a different room I have started something new. I was straightening up the computer room, went to the kitchen to get some coffee.....as long as I’m in here I might as well clean the kitchen. Half way through I noticed how nice it looked on the deck. Sat out on the deck and stared to read the Sunday paper and clip coupons (yes, I have become a domestic goddess) half way through that went to the livingroom to send out some sympathy cards. Actually competed that, but left my little pile of things laying around. Im now trying to organize the computer room (I must be very talented if I can type & clean at the same time) as I started to clean I came across all of my artwork. Of course I had to sit and look through it. I started to find some pieces that I though were cool, and thinking I should scan these and post it on my blog.....but of course I have not written in my blog for a few days....and I just can’ post a picture without a new post.... so here I sit just rambling on about nothing.

I really did want to write about my Aunt & Uncle being here from San Francisco, , or how I had to work another Marshall Field’s warehouse sale or even that I have a second job interview this coming week......but right now my brain is too un focused.

I think I need to go paint the bathroom now.

Damn coffee.

6 Comments:

Blogger Author said...

Ha ha ha! Did you ever paint the bathroom?

Geez, sympathy cards. I hope it's no one I'm related to. Seriously. You can't just say you're buyin' a few sympathy cards and leave me hanging. You think I'm not reading?? Yeah, don't do that! Not w/Leah and Blanche and Yak and everyone all up there in their years!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Author said...

PS Yeah, it's okay to put up artwork and no posts.

2:09 AM  
Blogger Author said...

PPS Yeah, you are the early bird now, aren't ya? I think I like the mailman. Can't wait to meet him!

2:10 AM  
Blogger Picasso Girl said...

The cards were for my friend's who mother had just passed away (big family and I knew 4 of the 5 kids)

Leah & Yak are very much alive and very sharp as tacks.

Blanche did pass away just last week....I think she was 99 or 100.

I really want to paint that damn bathroom (which actually looks fine but the color is too dark) I can't deside on a color....we do have many paint chips haning on the wall.....aaahhhhh, maybe one day

10:28 AM  
Blogger Author said...

NO WAY. I'm so sad; my mom didn't tell me. I still have a pegasus pendant that she gave me on my 11 year old "solo" trip to MN. Oddly, I found it about 6 months ago and have had it out b/c I wanted to start wearing it again (bring back the pegasus!), even with the broken leg. Putting it on right now.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Author said...

I used flat diamond brite white in my bathroom with khaki trim.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home