OH FUCK!!!!!
Okay, sorry for the uncouth heading but I really need to throw some vulgar language around tonight.
Remember how I said things are going good for me? They still are ,except for a MAJOR mishap that happened tonight that is going to cost us at least few thousand dollars.
This is really, really painful to re-cap but here goes......
Mailman & I are on our deck enjoying the wonderful evening...it’s starting to get dark, we have the Tiki torches going, weather is nice and cool...life is good.
Mailman remembers that he left his car parked outside and not in the garage. Runs down to back it into the garage...... I’m on the deck and all the sudden I hear VERY LOUD crashing, breaking noises. I thought "oh, shit...he backed in to something. I hope he’s alright" I run down to the garage open the door and try to turn on the light, oh shit...no power. Just as I’m doing this the mailman is getting out of his car. I ask "are you all-right?" He answered "no, I’m not" I could see that he was not injured. I looked around and just immediately thought WTF happened.
It was an awful scene...........I saw the mailman’s car, the back end was totally smashed in.. I looked around the garage (it semi-dark because the power was off) I saw debris on the floor and then I saw my beautiful $800 bike twisted like a pretzel. That made me sick...until I saw the garage frame and the side of the house, and the rest of the mailman’s car.
I can’t even talk more about all the damage.....it makes me ill.
Okay, so what happened??? Mailman went to move his car.
His car has been having lots of problems lately, allot of acceleration issues.
He gets in car, starts to back up, accelerator sticks, pretty much takes out the side of the house, the air conditioning unit and various things in the garage .
It is just a REALLY bad scene.
I want to thank god for all the therapy that I have went through (it saved me from loosing it)
my first thought "okay the mailman is all right".
Second thought was "oh, m fricking god, look at the structural damage done to our house" at that point when I see his car totaled, the side of the house caved in, the air conditioner unit trashed, my bike twisted like a pretzel and bricks from the outside every where.
This was more of a "this royally sucks" thing....but everyone is okay and yes it will cost us thousands of dollars to fix things. The main thing is that it is all material things...things can be replaced.
I’m not going to dwell on the fact that I just got a good job and the extra money was going to really help pay some bills.
The "extra" money is now going to go towards a new car for the Mailman (yup....way totaled!) and to fix our garage (can’t even shut..too much damage)
I will have to take photo’s......unbelievable.
I’m fighting hard not to fall into my old pattern.... Story of my life, things start going good then BOOM ! Something gets screwed up.
I’m not going to be a victim to that pattern anymore. I search for the positive things now.
-Mailman did not get hurt
- I think my bike saved his golf clubs (everything in that area was destroyed except the clubs)
- my car was not also totaled in the process
- we have home owners and car insurance
- I have a job
Ya know what..............I can only put on my happy face for a while...........THIS REALLY SUCKS!!
When I say that it is going to cost us thousands of dollars to fix I’m not kidding. This is not something that you need to happen in the first month that you own a home....there is enough expenses involved.
If you happen to have any extra money lying around or maybe you just won the lottery, and you want to help out some struggling new home buyers that would like to eat next month (awww come on you know I like to be dramatic) Feel free to email me, wire me money , invite us over for dinner (you buy the food, mailman will cook)
Just kidding. We will surive......I have got to take some photos of all the damage that was done
Shit.... how am I going to sleep???
Way to many things going through my brain......
Happier note....
New job going good....more later.
Remember how I said things are going good for me? They still are ,except for a MAJOR mishap that happened tonight that is going to cost us at least few thousand dollars.
This is really, really painful to re-cap but here goes......
Mailman & I are on our deck enjoying the wonderful evening...it’s starting to get dark, we have the Tiki torches going, weather is nice and cool...life is good.
Mailman remembers that he left his car parked outside and not in the garage. Runs down to back it into the garage...... I’m on the deck and all the sudden I hear VERY LOUD crashing, breaking noises. I thought "oh, shit...he backed in to something. I hope he’s alright" I run down to the garage open the door and try to turn on the light, oh shit...no power. Just as I’m doing this the mailman is getting out of his car. I ask "are you all-right?" He answered "no, I’m not" I could see that he was not injured. I looked around and just immediately thought WTF happened.
It was an awful scene...........I saw the mailman’s car, the back end was totally smashed in.. I looked around the garage (it semi-dark because the power was off) I saw debris on the floor and then I saw my beautiful $800 bike twisted like a pretzel. That made me sick...until I saw the garage frame and the side of the house, and the rest of the mailman’s car.
I can’t even talk more about all the damage.....it makes me ill.
Okay, so what happened??? Mailman went to move his car.
His car has been having lots of problems lately, allot of acceleration issues.
He gets in car, starts to back up, accelerator sticks, pretty much takes out the side of the house, the air conditioning unit and various things in the garage .
It is just a REALLY bad scene.
I want to thank god for all the therapy that I have went through (it saved me from loosing it)
my first thought "okay the mailman is all right".
Second thought was "oh, m fricking god, look at the structural damage done to our house" at that point when I see his car totaled, the side of the house caved in, the air conditioner unit trashed, my bike twisted like a pretzel and bricks from the outside every where.
This was more of a "this royally sucks" thing....but everyone is okay and yes it will cost us thousands of dollars to fix things. The main thing is that it is all material things...things can be replaced.
I’m not going to dwell on the fact that I just got a good job and the extra money was going to really help pay some bills.
The "extra" money is now going to go towards a new car for the Mailman (yup....way totaled!) and to fix our garage (can’t even shut..too much damage)
I will have to take photo’s......unbelievable.
I’m fighting hard not to fall into my old pattern.... Story of my life, things start going good then BOOM ! Something gets screwed up.
I’m not going to be a victim to that pattern anymore. I search for the positive things now.
-Mailman did not get hurt
- I think my bike saved his golf clubs (everything in that area was destroyed except the clubs)
- my car was not also totaled in the process
- we have home owners and car insurance
- I have a job
Ya know what..............I can only put on my happy face for a while...........THIS REALLY SUCKS!!
When I say that it is going to cost us thousands of dollars to fix I’m not kidding. This is not something that you need to happen in the first month that you own a home....there is enough expenses involved.
If you happen to have any extra money lying around or maybe you just won the lottery, and you want to help out some struggling new home buyers that would like to eat next month (awww come on you know I like to be dramatic) Feel free to email me, wire me money , invite us over for dinner (you buy the food, mailman will cook)
Just kidding. We will surive......I have got to take some photos of all the damage that was done
Shit.... how am I going to sleep???
Way to many things going through my brain......
Happier note....
New job going good....more later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home